Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Measurement - KPI Setting for My Self in (OMG) a gym when Im surrounded by Narcists


What a lame title. Yey, im finally joining a gym. More like forced to join a gym. I swear though, that my reason of joining was spawned from a deep contemplation, yes, a deep contemplation in a hospital. NO NO NO, not due to any obese related sickness, it was dengue. But still being in a hospital made you think.

And it come to .. how do I measure it.

Balanced scorecard split the aspect of reaching goals into 4 spokes
1. Financial
2. Processes
3. Customers
4. Learning

Well I might as well try to split my goal of being healthy into those 4 spokes:

1. Processes:
For me to go through 6 months of PT (personal trainer) madness. I can't believe it either.
Well I suppose I have to control my appetite ?
2. Customers
To get her involved ... yea yea yea the customer is the wife, but need her to be involved AKA get to the gym also.
3. Financial
Have trouble measuring this one, I just now that we're poorer by quite a sum.
4. Learning
Fat <> Healthy, face it. If I make it this time (after so much failed attempt), better make sure I stay ...

I need to keep measuring what is important. Gym is full of narcists, so one really2 wrong measure for me would be STANDING IN FRONT OF MIRRORS, FLEXING MY MUSCLES ...
Really ... fat, thin, muscled, flabby, I see these narcists admiring themselves.

Appearance not really matters ... Health yes

Shheeeesshhhh

1 comment:

Verena Maya said...

Yuhuuu...
when r we going to meet?
you will never have time, unless you MAKE one! Just like this gym of yours.

You gotta lose it, not just for you. But for your kids!!

stay healthy ndut!