Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Confession of a superhero leader....

Wife always say, you live in a dream world ... usually when she's tired of seeing me in front of the PC ... playing games. Oh and also when she saw me watching cartoons ... superheroes one ...

The more I think of it, Im now quite sure it has something to do with a desire to do something, as a difference maker. People watching superhero movie, playing games (FPS, where we are the good guys) wants to be a difference maker. The Idea of one person, can matter so much is so appealing.

Some of us continue in it's fantasy, others try to follow their superheroes. Well after a while in a leadership position, I found that while the desire to be difference maker is very noble, to execute it in superhero manner .. is a NO NO.

Tried it, to do everything by myself, to make a difference by working harder than everybody. Nope ... toooottt wrong answer ...

Not really claiming that I know the answer, but it's just occurred to me, what if, instead of executing like a hero, I helped people to have that superhero desire. Then execute as human as possible. But maybe ... just maybe ... a lot of ordinary people with superhero desires, will achieve super hero results.

Just face it we are human beings ..

No comments: